POST VISIT CARE AND WATERING:
It is very important that you keep the lawn moist during the germination period.
The best way to do this is to water very lightly 3 times a day at 7:00 am, 11:00 am and 2:00 p.m. with a hose-end spray nozzle.
If you have a sprinkler system a good rule of thumb is 5 minutes for a spray zone and 10 minutes on a rotary zone, 3 times a day.
- Water less in shady areas and a little more in sunny areas. Don’t over water!
- Pay special attention to slopes, which can wash out. You can skip watering if it has rained.
- Skip at least one mowing.
- Limit foot traffic until the lawn has been mowed for the first time. This includes pets.
- Call us if you have not noticed germination within two weeks.
- Once the grass reaches 4” tall, stop watering! Let the lawn dry out for at least one day before mowing.
- Mow your lawn carefully at 3” with a newly sharpened blade. Make sure you bag the grass clippings.
- Spot seed with the bag of courtesy seed we have left for you if power seeding was done.
REGULAR CARE AND WATERING:
- After the first mowing switch to a twice weekly watering schedule.
- Give the lawn 1/2” of water each time with a total of 1” per week until the grass stops growing.
- Keep areas that were spot seeded moist until they are 3” tall.
- Mow your lawn every 7-10 days at 3” until the grass stops growing.
Do not allow heavy accumulations of leaves to remain on the lawn for longer than a week.